STARTING FRESHMAN YEAR...AGAIN???

College is one of those things that comes along in life that you can chose to avoid. In my case it wasn't. Coming from a family where you can literally count the amount of college graduates on 1 hand, not going to college was definitely not an option. 

Lets start with my senior year of high school, honestly I didn't even try, which is not a good thing and I definitely would not recommend that. Especially if you're trying to get into college. Even if you're not you should still try your best and a high school diploma can get you farther than you think. Just a little motivation for the day. 

So fast forward to graduating, here comes all the agonizing questions. Did you start applying? Which college are going to? What's your major?  Blah Blah Blah.  I didn't have an answer for any of those questions.I felt obligated to so I put forth "effort" . I would go to college websites and request newsletters and information about the school to make it seem as if i was interested. My mother soon caught on.

So I graduated May, Class of 2016, so let me tell you how fucked up everything got. First, filling out FAFSA, which didn't go well. I'm 19 and FAFSA sees me as a dependent student and I need to put my parent or legal guardian information on there in order to complete it, but my mother didn't want to take that for an answer so long story short didn't get my financial aid and couldn't pay for college. So my mother finds a college that I'v never heard of  and its 40 minutes from house. My mom took me to one there open house days and it was cool I guess. So I applied there.

Here's where I become angry all of over again. They took so long to tell me whether I was accepted or not and in this period of time I had enrolled myself into the community college in my neighborhood. So a week before my classes start, I get a call from the university saying I've been accepted and that I'll get my official acceptance letter in a couple of days and that I needed to attend the last orientation date before classes started. Which was in 3 DAYS. I'm scrambling to get things together. I dropped my classes at the community college. I told my parents and they told everyone else. 

So I go to this orientation on Friday . Now it's time to chose my class schedule. They already chose 4 set classes for me and I had to chose 2 more. A math and english class. Which of course all of the classes were full because I was accepted at the last minute, but I choose my classes and  school started Monday. I had no days to prepare myself mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually and whatever else. 

Wait pause, one of the reason I agreed to apply to this school is because my mother said I could drive her car back and forth because she was gonna be working nights and I could use her car during the day. Alright play. So Monday comes around my mothers work schedule has not change. I end having to take the bus to school and trust me nothing is wrong with that at all. I didn't have bus fare or knew the bus schedule or anything. I didn't go to class that day. 

Tuesday. I had 2 classes. Didn't go to my first class I was nervous and honestly scared of getting on the wrong bus and besides I only had enough fare to get there and back. So my second class started at 4pm and I was determined to not miss that class. I grew some balls and did it. I got to that school 11 am and just sat there for 6 hours. Class ended at 7pm. Yes a 3 hour class. Where I live buses don't run late, especially in the direction I needed to go. So I called my father to come pick me up. 
The next morning, I emailed my academic adviser and ask her to drop my classes and gave her a whole spill on why I couldn't attend. So I ended up taking a gap year.

Now I'm back and I'm better. I will be attending the same school this fall August 2017. Everything is in order, I actually want to go to college this year. I'm doing it for me and not because I feel obligated to. I feel good about going to school this time around. I have my financial aid. My classes are more practical based on times they start. I'm just so much more excited and happy for this semester to start. I'm way more prepared. I cannot wait. Definitely will keep you guys updated on all the shenanigans college will throw my way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VLOGS ???